Shader FX is a full-featured real-time shader editor for 3ds Max.
It allows artists with no previous programming experience to
build complex HLSL or CG FX shaders.
These shaders can be used inside the 3dsMax viewport, game engines or real-time (architectural) visualization.
Built inside 3ds Max, it offers a gradual learning curve.
Once you're happy with your results, you can use your shader
in the 3ds Max viewport, or you can export your shader in
the popular HLSL or CG FX format for use in other applications
and game engines.
With Shader FX, artists no longer depend on external
applications to get the effects they want.
Finally artists have a tool that enables them to create stunning
real-time shaders quickly and easily, and gives full control over
the appearance of their real-time models.
ShaderFX's powerful schematic interface lets you quickly
assemble shaders that support complex effects such as
parallax mapping, fresnel fall-off, and cube map reflection,
all by simply connecting nodes together.
Your shader progress is displayed and updated in
3ds Max's viewport as you build the shader so you can
always see your results in real-time.
- Compile shaders with shader model 1.1 to 3.0.
- Do vector math in tangent space or world space.
- Supports normal maps positive and negative Y.
- Support for both Y up and Z up environments.
- Shader performance and instruction count report.
- Export to: XNA, FXComposer, Quest3D, Virtools,
Ogre, DXSAS, CGFX and more.
- Create a whole world of shaders in one workspace.
- Insert custom HLSL code into the node tree.
- Multi-subobject material support.
- Entire creative process happens in one program.
- And much more...